mercoledì 12 gennaio 2011

WAVING FLAG

When I get older, I will be strongerThey'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flagAnd then it goes back, and then it goes backAnd then it goes back, oh

Born to a throne, stronger than RomeA violent prone, poor people zoneBut it's my home, all I have knownWhere I got grown, streets we would roam

Out of the darkness, I came the farthestAmong the hardest survivalLearn from these streets, it can be bleakAccept no defeat, surrender, retreat

So we struggling, fighting to eatAnd we wondering when we'll be freeSo we patiently wait for that fateful dayIt's not far away, but for now we say

When I get older I will be strongerThey'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flagAnd then it goes back, and then it goes backAnd then it goes back, oh

So many wars, settling scoresBringing us promises, leaving us poorI heard them say 'love is the way''Love is the answer,' that's what they say

But look how they treat us, make us believersWe fight their battles, then they deceive usTry to control us, they couldn't hold us'Cause we just move forward like Buffalo Soldiers

But we struggling, fighting to eatAnd we wondering, when we'll be freeSo we patiently wait for that faithful dayIt's not far away but for now we say

When I get older I will be strongerThey'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flagAnd then it goes back, and then it goes backAnd then it goes back, and then is goes

When I get older I will be strongerThey'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flagAnd then it goes back, and then it goes backAnd then it goes back, and then it goesAnd then it goes

And everybody will be singing itAnd you and I will be singing itAnd we all will be singing it

When I get older I will be stronger

They'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flagAnd then it goes back, and then it goes backAnd then it goes back, and then it goes

When I get older I will be stronger

They'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flagAnd then it goes back, and then it goes backAnd then it goes back, oh

When I get older, when I get older

I will be stronger just like a wavin' flagJust like a wavin' flag, just like a wavin' flag Flag, flag, just like a wavin' flag

(K'naan)

Nessun commento: